Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Jeweltastic: Lessons Learned

As someone who has been blogging for years, I can tell you social media has played a huge role in what I am doing now.  It's taught me some lessons.  Some of those lessons are common sense and some were learned the hard way.

Lesson 1  Personal blogs or a blog with a niche is a good thing.

It's an awesome thing to have a blog before you begin a blog based on your business.  It not only teaches you how to write in a manner that is valuable content-wise, but it also teaches you when you should be quiet.

Lesson 2 Write what you believe.

I believe I can be successful.  There is not a single blog that I own that is falsified or a misrepresentation of me.  All of my blogs are about a life journey or community service.  Since they are mostly personal and this is business, the only link between them is with one social site only.  I'm determined to leave my personal views out of my business.

Lesson 3 Be real.

More specifically, don't spam.  Spamming only hurts your business.  I delete over 200 spam a day from my inbox some are legitimate businesses.  If you got to my blog and you have nothing to say except to drop a link, you're spam and you're deleted.  If you act like a robot, you will be treated like one.


Lesson 4  Converse.

If you are on a blog or a social media site, learn to converse with people.  On the other side of that link is a person who lives and breathes just like you.  They have thoughts, feelings, and ideas just like you.  They are all potential customers, social media followers, and blog readers.  They will never visit your site until you can master communication.

Lesson 5 Learn a little at a time.

Jumping in at once can be overwhelming and can lead to failure.  Pick a site and learn it and use it.  You're going to make mistakes, everyone does.

Lesson 6 Have fun.

If it isn't fun, you aren't going to want to do it.


Timethief from One Cool Site  states, "I believe every point you make is a solid one. What's most important is to be aware that although a new blog is created every 9 seconds another blog dies every 6 seconds. The reason so many blogs are abandoned within a few months and usually in less than a year's time from their creation date because many are motivated to blog only make an income and their expectations fall short of the reality. Unless or until one makes $100. US on Google Adsense clicks by they will not receive a check. My experience is that unless one has an abiding and long term passion for what one is blogging about then the blog won't be "living" for long."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Jeweltastic! Please feel free to look around.

Spamming is strictly prohibited. I delete anything that isn't related to this post or is completely irrelevant.


Get a button!