Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Jeweltastic: Challenges of Business Blogging

I have been a blogger for about two years now.  You would think this would all be like clockwork, I should be able to come up with a post every single day.  I, plain and simply, can't do it.  Why?  This isn't a personal blog.  This is a business blog geared toward my business. 

I'm not going to tell you who I advocate for and I do consider myself an advocate blogger as well.  I will volunteer at those organizations wearing a t-shirt when I can't wear jewelry.  I won't tell you my political or religious views or what is going on in my life. 

I have made the choice to keep my personal life out of this.  The reason I've done this is because my views may sway your want to shop with us.  It has also narrowed my topics to write on drastically.  I need to focus on business, jewelry, and perhaps blogging about becoming a better blogger.  I will be the first to tell you, I have my moments when content is so-so, but when I shine and I'm at my best, I set off fireworks. 

I have become a mad, crazy SEO (site engine optimization) machine.  Don't believe me?  Everyone of my publicized blogs are on Google's front page.  There are other search engines to be concerned about but Google is the head honcho. 

The challenge I'm facing is prompting me to do a once weekly post.  I don't want to burn too many bridges.  I did start off running on purpose.  Now, I feel I can slow down a little and work on  my product.   

Another challenge that I'm facing is research.  I don't need to research my own life much.  With this, I do research to see where my target is at and then some.  I know the majority of people interested in my business are women from 15 and up.  I have to be "in the know" about jewelry.

Which means eventually I hope to take a course here and there on design and gemology which should be a challenge math and sciences were not my strong points in school.   I'm hoping, one day, to be able to set diamonds and rubies and know the difference between a ruby and a garnet.  I suppose you could say it's a life adventure.

Yes, I'm beginning to feel the blogging pressure.  Usually, I go on a blogcation.  I'm not going to let this get stale.  This blog is too important for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Jeweltastic! Please feel free to look around.

Spamming is strictly prohibited. I delete anything that isn't related to this post or is completely irrelevant.


Get a button!